menu action
Aleksandrs Livshics
2009-08-31 09:28:13 UTC
Hi Gambas users.
Is it possible to assign some action to a menu directly (this menu has just
one item and it is silly to click first on a menu and then on the only item)
Alternatively, Is it possible to place a simple button on a menu line of the
form?
Also is there any way (I cannot find it, sorry) to change menu color like
it is possible for the form background?
Aleks
Benoît Minisini
2009-09-01 08:28:25 UTC
Post by Aleksandrs Livshics
Hi Gambas users.
Is it possible to assign some action to a menu directly (this menu has just
one item and it is silly to click first on a menu and then on the only
item) Alternatively, Is it possible to place a simple button on a menu line
of the form?
Also is there any way (I cannot find it, sorry) to change menu color like
it is possible for the form background?
Aleks
No, no, no.

1) A menu title cannot act like a button.

2) You can only put menu title in the menu bar.

3) The menu background color is controled by the underlying widget style, and
does not care most of the time with the background color you want.

Sorry!
Benoît
Charlie Reinl
2009-09-01 09:17:35 UTC
Post by Benoît Minisini
Post by Aleksandrs Livshics
Hi Gambas users.
Is it possible to assign some action to a menu directly (this menu has just
one item and it is silly to click first on a menu and then on the only
item) Alternatively, Is it possible to place a simple button on a menu line
of the form?
Also is there any way (I cannot find it, sorry) to change menu color like
it is possible for the form background?
Aleks
No, no, no.
1) A menu title cannot act like a button.
2) You can only put menu title in the menu bar.
3) The menu background color is controled by the underlying widget style, and
does not care most of the time with the background color you want.
Sorry!
Salut,

but wouldn't it be nice, if controls could be embedded ?

Charlie
Stefano Palmeri
2009-09-01 15:39:28 UTC
Post by Benoît Minisini
Post by Aleksandrs Livshics
Hi Gambas users.
Is it possible to assign some action to a menu directly (this menu has
just one item and it is silly to click first on a menu and then on the
only item) Alternatively, Is it possible to place a simple button on a
menu line of the form?
Also is there any way (I cannot find it, sorry) to change menu color
like it is possible for the form background?
Aleks
No, no, no.
1) A menu title cannot act like a button.
Yes, it can ;-)

I've attached an example.
Just click on the menu title and you throw two dices.
It uses the Show event. Not clean but it works.

Saluti,

Stefano
Sorry!
Benoît Minisini
2009-09-01 15:45:11 UTC
Post by Stefano Palmeri
Post by Benoît Minisini
Post by Aleksandrs Livshics
Hi Gambas users.
Is it possible to assign some action to a menu directly (this menu has
just one item and it is silly to click first on a menu and then on the
only item) Alternatively, Is it possible to place a simple button on a
menu line of the form?
Also is there any way (I cannot find it, sorry) to change menu color
like it is possible for the form background?
Aleks
No, no, no.
1) A menu title cannot act like a button.
Yes, it can ;-)
I've attached an example.
Just click on the menu title and you throw two dices.
It uses the Show event. Not clean but it works.
Saluti,
Stefano
But it may not work anymore on another toolkit or in the future!
Benoît
abdurrahman ulusoy
2009-09-01 09:04:18 UTC
(if i right understand your question)maybe use a panel and put some buttons and panel background color changed what you want.right click show panel then hide again.
i use like this menu . see : http://cadcizim.googlepages.com/out.ogv
--- 01/09/09 Sal tarihinde Benoît Minisini <***@users.sourceforge.net> şöyle yazıyor:

Kimden: Benoît Minisini <***@users.sourceforge.net>
Konu: Re: [Gambas-user] menu action
Kime: "mailing list for gambas users" <gambas-***@lists.sourceforge.net>
Tarihi: 1 Eylül 2009 Salı, 11:28
Post by Aleksandrs Livshics
Hi Gambas users.
Is it possible to assign some action to a menu directly (this menu has just
one item and it is silly to click first on a menu and then on the only
item) Alternatively, Is it possible to place a simple button on a menu line
of the form?
Also is there any way (I cannot find it, sorry) to change  menu color like
it is possible for the form background?
Aleks
No, no, no.

1) A menu title cannot act like a button.

2) You can only put menu title in the menu bar.

3) The menu background color is controled by the underlying widget style, and
does not care most of the time with the background color you want.

Sorry!
--
Benoît

Yahoo! Türkiye açıldı! http://yahoo.com.tr
İnternet üzerindeki en iyi içeriği Yahoo! Türkiye sizlere sunuyor!