Financial support of Gambas
Benoit Minisini
2004-10-30 17:28:49 UTC
Hi, all.

<tears>
As you may know, I spend all my money in living in Paris (expensive) and
studying acting (very expensive). And there is no money left for Gambas. And
the winter may be very cold...
</tears>

More seriously, I opened a PayPal account for Gambas so that people that can't
help by writing programs, examples, docs, ... can support the project by
giving a little bit of money.

Here is a link that should allow you to give what you want:

https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=gambas%40users.sourceforge.net&no_note=1&tax=0&currency_code=EUR

Don't try to give one million euros, I think PayPal won't allow you. Well, if
you try, tell me the result...

I will tell you what will be done with this money (buying RAM, hard disk,
VMWare, going to the theatr^H^H^H hem... no.). And you will tell me if you
want your name to be shown in the Gambas about dialog box, with the
"financial support" mention, like I did with my only giver - at the
moment :-) - Radoslav Dejanović.

Tell me if you have problems, because I am totally new with PayPal.

Benoit Minisini
mailto:***@users.sourceforge.net
Rob
2004-10-30 18:07:45 UTC
Post by Benoit Minisini
More seriously, I opened a PayPal account for Gambas so that
people that can't help by writing programs, examples, docs,
... can support the project by giving a little bit of money.
Once you know it works, you should make sure to put a "Donate"
link in the left frame of the Gambas homepage... I bet 10 times
as many people visit the homepage than use these lists.

Rob
Charlie
2004-10-30 19:40:11 UTC
Post by Rob
Post by Benoit Minisini
More seriously, I opened a PayPal account for Gambas so that
people that can't help by writing programs, examples, docs,
... can support the project by giving a little bit of money.
Once you know it works, you should make sure to put a "Donate"
link in the left frame of the Gambas homepage... I bet 10 times
as many people visit the homepage than use these lists.
Rob
Salut,

and a 'Donate' in the IDE , don't know where, under Help ;-) a 'Help us'.
No serious, I think thats not bad, for all who install it with the distro.

Amicalment
Charlie
Rob
2004-10-30 20:03:48 UTC
Post by Charlie
and a 'Donate' in the IDE , don't know where, under Help ;-) a
'Help us'. No serious, I think thats not bad, for all who
install it with the distro.
I love the "Help/Help Us" idea. As long as we knew the path to
the browser...

Rob
Benoit Minisini
2004-10-31 15:47:22 UTC
Post by Charlie
Post by Rob
Post by Benoit Minisini
More seriously, I opened a PayPal account for Gambas so that
people that can't help by writing programs, examples, docs,
... can support the project by giving a little bit of money.
Once you know it works, you should make sure to put a "Donate"
link in the left frame of the Gambas homepage... I bet 10 times
as many people visit the homepage than use these lists.
Rob
Salut,
and a 'Donate' in the IDE , don't know where, under Help ;-) a 'Help us'.
No serious, I think thats not bad, for all who install it with the distro.
Amicalment
Charlie
Good idea, I do it.
BUDI ARIEF GUSANDI

BUDI mailto:***@online.ie
Leo Barnhoorn

Regards,
Charlie
2004-10-30 19:31:35 UTC
Post by Leo Barnhoorn
Hello Benoit,
Do you have also a PayPal page in english.
Regards,
Leo.
Salut,

I could change it, to german by choosing the country.

Amicalment
Charlie
Benoit Minisini
2004-11-01 13:25:40 UTC
Post by Leo Barnhoorn
Hello Benoit,
Do you have also a PayPal page in english.
Regards,
Leo.
Even if I set my language to english in my PayPal profile, it seems that the
page displayed when you want to make a gift is always in french ??

If someone can help me to turn this page in english...

Ron Onstenk
2004-11-01 15:06:58 UTC
Post by Benoit Minisini
Post by Leo Barnhoorn
Hello Benoit,
Do you have also a PayPal page in english.
Regards,
Leo.
Even if I set my language to english in my PayPal profile, it seems that the
page displayed when you want to make a gift is always in french ??
If someone can help me to turn this page in english...
Regards,
onder de volgend teks is een drop down box
'Sélectionner votre pays : choisissez le pays où vous résidez, puis cliquez sur Sélectionner.'
Daar kun je 'Pays Bas' kiezen.

Dan is hij in het engels voor de nederlandse site :)
Hebben nog een vertaler nodig.

Ron
Leo Barnhoorn
2004-11-02 02:41:35 UTC
Hello Ron,

Bedankt, het is al geregeld, betaling is gedaan.

Met vriendelijke groeten,
Leo.
Charlie
2004-11-01 14:58:40 UTC
Post by Benoit Minisini
Post by Leo Barnhoorn
Hello Benoit,
Do you have also a PayPal page in english.
Regards,
Leo.
Even if I set my language to english in my PayPal profile, it seems that the
page displayed when you want to make a gift is always in french ??
If someone can help me to turn this page in english...
Regards,
Salut ;

Browsers Navigation Language ?? may be that helps I'v 3 de en and fr

So I could change it, to german by choosing the country on the page.

Amicalment
Charlie

Ron Onstenk
2004-10-30 21:10:46 UTC
Post by Benoit Minisini
[...]
You persuade me to start a PayPal account to.
Next week I put the money on it and will donate.
Or can I go to Paris and hand over, like to meet you ?

Ron

p.s.
I like more you go to the teather then using VMWare to run mickysoft :)
Charlie
2004-10-30 22:23:22 UTC
Post by Ron Onstenk
p.s.
I like more you go to the teather then using VMWare to run mickysoft :)
First they start to run Windows on Linux, but that was in 1998/99 ( but
even at this time you could run
Linux on Linux)
Now VMWare became the possibillty of quick testeing (you start a virtual
maschine , you make you installation ,
if thats failes , you shout down that VM and you restart it new (the
same) and you remake your instalation.
Have you ever testet/simulated a Network on one computer, yes with VM's
thats possible.
I'v tested also gambas on different diros while running them on my old
Suse 7.2 in a VMWare
from RH8 to gentoo or on HD installed Knoppix.

Don't think thats a MS tool for Linux.

But that works also.

Amicalment
Charlie
Marcelo Duschkin
2004-10-31 17:14:35 UTC
El Sáb 30 Oct 2004 19:23, Charlie escribió:
|> Now VMWare became the possibillty of quick testeing (you start a virtual
|> maschine , you make you installation ,
|> if thats failes , you shout down that VM and you restart it new (the
|> same) and you remake your instalation.

Have you tried QEMU ?
It's GNU !!!
--