Editing still blocked
Fernando Cabral
2017-05-08 10:55:42 UTC
I really need your help. I can't edit any code. Everything is locked. I
have even taken two extreme measures: changed the whole directory tree to
777 (chmod-R 777 .) and re-installed gambas from scratch (this time using
the PPA).

Still does not work. Perhaps there is a specific file that tells gambas
to keep the whole thing locked. Isn't there?

I'd appreciate if someone can give me some more ideas to try.

Regards

- fernando
--
Fernando Cabral
Blogue: http://fernandocabral.org

Enquanto houver no mundo uma só pessoa sem casa ou sem alimentos,
nenhum político ou cientista poderá se gabar de nada.
Charlie
2017-05-08 11:43:31 UTC
Have you checked the Edit menu, there is a 'Locked' feature there. This is
just a guess as 'Everything is locked' is a little vague.

-----
Check out www.gambas.one
Fernando Cabral
2017-05-08 12:37:34 UTC
Post by Charlie
Have you checked the Edit menu, there is a 'Locked' feature there. This is
just a guess as 'Everything is locked' is a little vague.
Charlie, unfortunately, "everything is locked" means what it is supposed to
mean: I can't edit anything. No application, no source, nothing. I can load
any project, but when I try to edit anything -- like say, entering a new
line or even a new character,
the gambas editor does not respond. This applies to any and every project I
load.

Yes, I have tried locking and unlocking clicking on the lock icon. The only
thing that changes is that on the tab appears the warning "Read only". But
the editing continues locked no matter what.

I have changed project files and directories do 777 (rwxrwxrwx) but stil to
no avail.

Even if I create a new project, it is born locked for editing.

Regards

- fernando

Jussi Lahtinen
2017-05-08 13:03:55 UTC
So Gambas IDE does *not* claim the project is locked, but you simply cannot
edit anything. Can you give your system information?

Jussi

Fernando Cabral
2017-05-08 13:20:42 UTC
Post by Jussi Lahtinen
So Gambas IDE does *not* claim the project is locked, but you simply
cannot edit anything. Can you give your system information?
Precisely.

Linux Inspiron-5537 4.8.0-49-generic #52~16.04.1-Ubuntu SMP Thu Apr 20
10:55:59 UTC 2017 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

That, in fact, is Linux Mint 8.1 Serena.

Thank you.

- fernando

Jussi Lahtinen
2017-05-08 13:43:40 UTC
Anyone else using Gambas on Linux Mint 18.1 ? Everything working? Issues?

Can you please go to Gambas IDE Menu "?" --> "System informations" and copy
& paste the result, if you can.
If you have virtual machine set up, maybe you could try some other system /
work there meanwhile.

Jussi

Post by Charlie
just a guess as 'Everything is locked' is a little vague.
-----
Check out www.gambas.one
Fernando Cabral
Blogue: http://fernandocabral.org
Twitter: http://twitter.com/fjcabral
Telegram: +55 (37) 99988-8868
Wickr ID: fernandocabral
WhatsApp: +55 (37) 99988-8868
Skype: fernandojosecabral
Telefone fixo: +55 (37) 3521-2183
Telefone celular: +55 (37) 99988-8868
Enquanto houver no mundo uma só pessoa sem casa ou sem alimentos,
nenhum político ou cientista poderá se gabar de nada.
Fernando Cabral
Blogue: http://fernandocabral.org
Twitter: http://twitter.com/fjcabral
Telegram: +55 (37) 99988-8868 <+55%2037%2099988-8868>
Wickr ID: fernandocabral
WhatsApp: +55 (37) 99988-8868 <+55%2037%2099988-8868>
Skype: fernandojosecabral
Telefone fixo: +55 (37) 3521-2183 <+55%2037%203521-2183>
Telefone celular: +55 (37) 99988-8868 <+55%2037%2099988-8868>
Charlie
2017-05-08 16:36:07 UTC
Post by Jussi Lahtinen
Anyone else using Gambas on Linux Mint 18.1 ? Everything working?
Issues?Can you please go to Gambas IDE Menu "?" --> "System informations"
and copy& paste the result, if you can.
I use Mint 18.1 without any problems, installed from the ppa using: -
sudo add-apt-repository -y ppa:gambas-team/gambas3 && sudo apt-get update &&
sudo apt-get -y install gambas3
System Information: -
[System]
Gambas=3.9.2
OperatingSystem=Linux
Kernel=4.4.0-21-generic
Architecture=x86_64
Distribution=Linux Mint 18.1 Serena
Desktop=CINNAMON
Theme=Gtk
Language=en_GB.UTF-8
Memory=7855M
[Libraries]
Cairo=libcairo.so.2.11400.6
Curl=libcurl.so.4.4.0
DBus=libdbus-1.so.3.14.6
GStreamer=libgstreamer-0.10.so.0.30.0
GStreamer=libgstreamer-1.0.so.0.803.0
GTK+2=libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0.2400.30
GTK+3=libgtk-3.so.0.1800.9
OpenGL=libGL.so.1.2.0
Poppler=libpoppler.so.58.0.0
QT4=libQtCore.so.4.8.7
QT5=libQt5Core.so.5.5.1
SDL=libSDL-1.2.so.0.11.4
SQLite=libsqlite3.so.0.8.6
[Environment]
CINNAMON_VERSION=3.2.7
DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS=unix:abstract=/tmp/dbus-saVglEvzGG,guid=abe9145f73d18c95bf18421d59108efc
DEFAULTS_PATH=/usr/share/gconf/cinnamon.default.path
DESKTOP_SESSION=cinnamon
DISPLAY=:0
GB_GUI=gb.qt4
GDMSESSION=cinnamon
GDM_XSERVER_LOCATION=local
GIO_LAUNCHED_DESKTOP_FILE=/usr/share/applications/gambas3.desktop
GIO_LAUNCHED_DESKTOP_FILE_PID=5810
GJS_DEBUG_OUTPUT=stderr
GJS_DEBUG_TOPICS=JS ERROR;JS LOG
GNOME_DESKTOP_SESSION_ID=this-is-deprecated
GTK_MODULES=gail:atk-bridge
GTK_OVERLAY_SCROLLING=1
HOME=/home/
LANG=en_GB.UTF-8
LOGNAME=
MANDATORY_PATH=/usr/share/gconf/cinnamon.mandatory.path
MDMSESSION=cinnamon
MDM_LANG=en_GB.UTF-8
MDM_XSERVER_LOCATION=local
PATH=/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games:/usr/local/games
PWD=/home/
QT_ACCESSIBILITY=1
QT_LINUX_ACCESSIBILITY_ALWAYS_ON=1
QT_QPA_PLATFORMTHEME=qgnomeplatform
QT_STYLE_OVERRIDE=gtk
SESSION_MANAGER=local/:@/tmp/.ICE-unix/2283,unix/:/tmp/.ICE-unix/2283
SHELL=/bin/bash
SSH_AGENT_PID=2353
SSH_AUTH_SOCK=/run/user/1000/keyring/ssh
TZ=:/etc/localtime
USER=
USERNAME=
WINDOWPATH=8
XAUTHORITY=/home//.Xauthority
XDG_CONFIG_DIRS=/etc/xdg/xdg-cinnamon:/etc/xdg
XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP=X-Cinnamon
XDG_DATA_DIRS=/usr/share/cinnamon:/usr/share/gnome:/usr/local/share/:/usr/share/:/usr/share/mdm/
XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=/run/user/1000
XDG_SEAT=seat0
XDG_SESSION_COOKIE=2a5d5f96ef9147c0b35535562b32d0ff-1494257404.496553-740014225
XDG_SESSION_DESKTOP=cinnamon
XDG_SESSION_ID=c1
XDG_VTNR=8

-----
Check out www.gambas.one
Karl Reinl
2017-05-08 14:11:31 UTC
Post by Fernando Cabral
Post by Charlie
[...]
Salut Fernando,

what#s about creating a new project ?

If I remember well you compile your gambas3 from source, isn't it.
What I would try at your point, deleting the gambas3 installation and
restating from scratch.

Oh, have you had a gambas3 installation from other resources?
If yes you have to remove that first.
.
--
Amicalement
Charlie
Fernando Cabral
2017-05-08 17:32:11 UTC
Post by Rolf-Werner Eilert
Are these projects which you have coded yourself, saved and then closed
and opened again? Or are these project which were made by others?
[...]
Post by Rolf-Werner Eilert
In the past (before software farm), there used to be the problem that
when I loaded one of the examples offered on the website, they could be
run but not edited. It's not that problem, is it? It was the rights
thing, but not chmod but chown which caused it. Or maybe you loaded your
own stuff from another machine where your username has another Uid?
I did the code myself. Nevertheless, the problem appeared after I had
downloaded
docEditor from the farm. After that, editing has been locked. But I can't
affirm there is
a cause/effect here.For the time being, I see it as a coincidence.

Regards

- fernando

Rolf-Werner Eilert
2017-05-08 13:57:21 UTC
Post by Fernando Cabral
[...]

There is a lock-file, but it will only cause Gambas asking if you are
sure you are not working with the project already before loading it into
the IDE.

Regards
Rolf
Benoît Minisini
2017-05-08 15:58:44 UTC
Post by Fernando Cabral
I really need your help. I can't edit any code. Everything is locked. I
have even taken two extreme measures: changed the whole directory tree to
777 (chmod-R 777 .) and re-installed gambas from scratch (this time using
the PPA).
Still does not work. Perhaps there is a specific file that tells gambas
to keep the whole thing locked. Isn't there?
I'd appreciate if someone can give me some more ideas to try.
Regards
- fernando
Can you send a tar.gz archive of your project directory?
Benoît Minisini
Fernando Cabral
2017-05-08 17:38:42 UTC
Post by Benoît Minisini
Can you send a tar.gz archive of your project directory?
I am sending one. Do you need them all?
(tar compressed)

Regards

- fernando
Benoît Minisini
2017-05-08 17:42:29 UTC
Post by Fernando Cabral
Post by Benoît Minisini
Can you send a tar.gz archive of your project directory?
I am sending one. Do you need them all?
(tar compressed)
Regards
- fernando
The joined file does not have the .tag.gz extension...
Benoît Minisini
William Cabrera
2017-05-17 17:48:16 UTC
Hi, i have the same problem, the code editor does not work, although I can
use the key combination Ctrl+C, Ctrl+X and Ctrl+V, for example.

I'm using the svn version, I have recompiled, I deleted the conf folder but
the problem persists

[System]
Gambas=3.9.90 r8134
OperatingSystem=Linux
Kernel=4.9.0-2-amd64
Architecture=x86_64
Distribution=debian 9.0
Desktop=MATE
Theme=Gtk
Language=es_VE.UTF-8
Memory=7882M

[Libraries]
Cairo=libcairo.so.2.11400.8
Curl=libcurl.so.4.4.0
DBus=libdbus-1.so.3.14.11
GStreamer=libgstreamer-0.10.so.0.30.0
GStreamer=libgstreamer-1.0.so.0.1004.0
GTK+2=libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0.2400.31
GTK+3=libgtk-3.so.0.2200.11
OpenGL=libGL.so.1.2.0
Poppler=libpoppler.so.46.0.0
Poppler=libpoppler.so.57.0.0
Poppler=libpoppler.so.64.0.0
QT4=libQtCore.so.4.8.7
QT5=libQt5Core.so.5.7.1
SDL=libSDL-1.2.so.0.11.4
SQLite=libsqlite3.so.0.8.6

[Environment]
CLUTTER_BACKEND=x11
COLORTERM=truecolor
COMP_WORDBREAKS=
"'><;|&(:
DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS=unix:path=/run/user/1000/bus
DESKTOP_SESSION=mate
DISPLAY=:0
FTP_PROXY=http://proxy.vit.gob.ve:3128/
GB_GUI=gb.qt4
GDMSESSION=mate
GDM_LANG=es_VE.UTF-8
GPG_AGENT_INFO=/run/user/1000/gnupg/S.gpg-agent:0:1
GTK_MODULES=gail:atk-bridge:canberra-gtk-module
GTK_OVERLAY_SCROLLING=0
HOME=<home>
HTTPS_PROXY=http://proxy.vit.gob.ve:3128/
HTTPS_PROXY_REQUEST_FULLURI=0
HTTP_PROXY=http://proxy.vit.gob.ve:3128/
HTTP_PROXY_REQUEST_FULLURI=0
JOURNAL_STREAM=8:25812
LANG=es_VE.UTF-8
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=<home>/apps/distro/install/lib:
LOGNAME=<user>
LS_COLORS=rs=0:di=01;34:ln=01;36:mh=00:pi=40;33:so=01;35:do=01;35:bd=40;33;01:cd=40;33;01:or=40;31;01:mi=00:su=37;41:sg=30;43:ca=30;41:tw=30;42:ow=34;42:st=37;44:ex=01;32:*.tar=01;31:*.tgz=01;31:*.arc=01;31:*.arj=01;31:*.taz=01;31:*.lha=01;31:*.lz4=01;31:*.lzh=01;31:*.lzma=01;31:*.tlz=01;31:*.txz=01;31:*.tzo=01;31:*.t7z=01;31:*.zip=01;31:*.z=01;31:*.Z=01;31:*.dz=01;31:*.gz=01;31:*.lrz=01;31:*.lz=01;31:*.lzo=01;31:*.xz=01;31:*.zst=01;31:*.tzst=01;31:*.bz2=01;31:*.bz=01;31:*.tbz=01;31:*.tbz2=01;31:*.tz=01;31:*.deb=01;31:*.rpm=01;31:*.jar=01;31:*.war=01;31:*.ear=01;31:*.sar=01;31:*.rar=01;31:*.alz=01;31:*.ace=01;31:*.zoo=01;31:*.cpio=01;31:*.7z=01;31:*.rz=01;31:*.cab=01;31:*.jpg=01;35:*.jpeg=01;35:*.mjpg=01;35:*.mjpeg=01;35:*.gif=01;35:*.bmp=01;35:*.pbm=01;35:*.pgm=01;35:*.ppm=01;35:*.tga=01;35:*.xbm=01;35:*.xpm=01;35:*.tif=01;35:*.tiff=01;35:*.png=01;35:*.svg=01;35:*.svgz=01;35:*.mng=01;35:*.pcx=01;35:*.mov=01;35:*.mpg=01;35:*.mpeg=01;35:*.m2v=01;35:*.mkv=01;35:*.webm=01;35:*.ogm=01;35:*.mp4=01;35:*.m4v=01;35:*.mp4v=01;35:*.vob=01;35:*.qt=01;35:*.nuv=01;35:*.wmv=01;35:*.asf=01;35:*.rm=01;35:*.rmvb=01;35:*.flc=01;35:*.avi=01;35:*.fli=01;35:*.flv=01;35:*.gl=01;35:*.dl=01;35:*.xcf=01;35:*.xwd=01;35:*.yuv=01;35:*.cgm=01;35:*.emf=01;35:*.ogv=01;35:*.ogx=01;35:*.aac=00;36:*.au=00;36:*.flac=00;36:*.m4a=00;36:*.mid=00;36:*.midi=00;36:*.mka=00;36:*.mp3=00;36:*.mpc=00;36:*.ogg=00;36:*.ra=00;36:*.wav=00;36:*.oga=00;36:*.opus=00;36:*.spx=00;36:*.xspf=00;36:
MATE_DESKTOP_SESSION_ID=this-is-deprecated
NODE_PATH=/usr/lib/nodejs:/usr/lib/node_modules:/usr/share/javascript
NO_PROXY=localhost,127.0.0.0/8,::1,192.168.10.13
OLDPWD=<home>
OUT_DIR_COMMON_BASE=<home>/android/out
PWD=<home>/.config
QT_ACCESSIBILITY=1
QT_LINUX_ACCESSIBILITY_ALWAYS_ON=1
QT_X11_NO_MITSHM=1
SESSION_MANAGER=local/<hostname>:@/tmp/.ICE-unix/1868,unix/<hostname>:/tmp/.ICE-unix/1868
SHELL=/bin/bash
SHLVL=1
SSH_AGENT_PID=2094
SSH_AUTH_SOCK=/run/user/1000/keyring/ssh
TERM=xterm
TZ=:/etc/localtime
USER=<user>
USERNAME=<user>
USE_CCACHE=1
VTE_VERSION=4601
WINDOWID=31465201
WINDOWPATH=2
XAUTHORITY=/run/user/1000/gdm/Xauthority
XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP=MATE
XDG_DATA_DIRS=/usr/share/mate:/usr/local/share/:/usr/share/
XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=/run/user/1000
XDG_SEAT=seat0
XDG_SESSION_DESKTOP=mate
XDG_SESSION_ID=2
XDG_SESSION_TYPE=x11
XDG_VTNR=2
_=/usr/bin/gambas3
ftp_proxy=http://proxy.vit.gob.ve:3128/
http_proxy=http://proxy.vit.gob.ve:3128/
https_proxy=http://proxy.vit.gob.ve:3128/
no_proxy=localhost,127.0.0.0/8,::1,192.168.10.13

------
William Cabrera
https://blog.willicab.com.ve
William Cabrera
2017-05-17 18:18:37 UTC
I've tried with this project, I can write in TextBox1 and in TextArea1 but
not in TextEditor1

------
William Cabrera
https://blog.willicab.com.ve
Post by William Cabrera
[...]
DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=<home>/apps/distro/install/lib:<home>/
[...]
LUA_CPATH=<home>/apps/distro/install/lib/?.so;<home>/.
luarocks/lib/lua/5.1/?.so;<home>/apps/distro/install/lib/
lua/5.1/?.so;./?.so;/usr/local/lib/lua/5.1/?.so;/usr/
local/lib/lua/5.1/loadall.so
LUA_PATH=<home>/.luarocks/share/lua/5.1/?.lua;<home>/.
luarocks/share/lua/5.1/?/init.lua;<home>/apps/distro/
install/share/lua/5.1/?.lua;<home>/apps/distro/install/
share/lua/5.1/?/init.lua;./?.lua;<home>/apps/distro/
install/share/luajit-2.1.0-beta1/?.lua;/usr/local/share/
lua/5.1/?.lua;/usr/local/share/lua/5.1/?/init.lua
MATE_DESKTOP_SESSION_ID=this-is-deprecated
NODE_PATH=/usr/lib/nodejs:/usr/lib/node_modules:/usr/share/javascript
NO_PROXY=localhost,127.0.0.0/8,::1,192.168.10.13
OLDPWD=<home>
OUT_DIR_COMMON_BASE=<home>/android/out
PATH=<home>/apps/distro/install/bin:<home>/.composer/
vendor/bin:<home>/apps/distro/install/bin:<home>/apps/
distro/install/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:<home>/
bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/local/games:/usr/
games:/usr/local/share/bennugd/bin
Fabien Bodard
Fabien Bodard
Benoît Minisini
2017-05-17 22:50:33 UTC
Post by Fabien Bodard
So the problem come from the drawingarea.
I have changed something related to events in revision #8132, so it must
me that.

But everything works correctly on my system...

I will investigate, but not before next week.

Benoît Minisini
Karl Reinl
2017-05-18 18:31:40 UTC
Post by Benoît Minisini
Post by Fabien Bodard
So the problem come from the drawingarea.
I have changed something related to events in revision #8132, so it must
me that.
But everything works correctly on my system...
I will investigate, but not before next week.
Regards,
Salut,

until your solution comes, the SVN-user can check out release 8131
svn checkout -r 8131 <SOURCE> <TARGET>
--
Amicalement
Charlie
Jussi Lahtinen
2017-05-09 20:47:33 UTC
Remove *all* installations of Gambas 3 (made from PPAs, repos, compiled,
etc), and then run these commands:

sudo rm -f /usr/local/bin/gbx3 /usr/local/bin/gbc3 /usr/local/bin/gba3
/usr/local/bin/gbi3 /usr/local/bin/gbs3
sudo rm -rf /usr/local/lib/gambas3
sudo rm -rf /usr/local/share/gambas3
sudo rm -f /usr/local/bin/gambas3
sudo rm -f /usr/local/bin/gambas3.gambas

sudo rm -f /usr/bin/gbx3 /usr/bin/gbc3 /usr/bin/gba3 /usr/bin/gbi3
/usr/local/bin/gbs3
sudo rm -rf /usr/lib/gambas3
sudo rm -rf /usr/share/gambas3
sudo rm -f /usr/bin/gambas3
sudo rm -f /usr/bin/gambas3.gambas

After that, try to install Gambas 3 again. That is just to make sure you
have clean install.

Jussi

Fernando Cabral
2017-05-09 21:31:17 UTC
Jussi, I am baffled. I have removed everything you suggested. But I went
beyond. I updated the "locate" database and searched for everything that
contained "gambas" somewhere in the filename or directory name "locate -i
--regex "*.gambas.*". I did this after a regular "remove" and
"autoremove" with apt-get. I saved the printout in a file, turned it into
a shell script and removed everything, except source code. Then I updated
the locate database once more. After that, searching "locate -i --regex
".*gambas.*" returned nihil. So, not a trace from gambas.

Then I reinstalled anew using the regular apt-get (no PPA). Installed
version is now 3.8.4

IDE still locked. This mystifies me. There must be a file somewhere whose
name does not contain "gambas" that says I should not be able to edit any
source code. I am about to give up.

Regards

- fernando

Karl Reinl
2017-05-09 21:55:13 UTC
Post by Fernando Cabral
[...]

can you please try to use gambas3 with a new created user.
BTW gambas3 3.8.4 is a bit old, but that is not in a relation to your
problem.
--
Amicalement
Charlie
Jussi Lahtinen
2017-05-09 21:56:03 UTC
Can you try to re-send the project directory as the file you attached is
not extractable. Do it this way; go to Gambas IDE, open some project and go
to menu "project" --> "make" --> "source archive". And send the result.

Jussi

Jussi Lahtinen

Fernando Cabral
2017-05-09 22:37:52 UTC
Post by Jussi Lahtinen
Also what happens if you try to edit the project with regular text editor,
instead of Gambas?
They all can be edited. For instance, with vi. No problem.

- fernando
Post by Jussi Lahtinen
Jussi

Fernando Cabral

Jussi Lahtinen
2017-05-09 23:01:58 UTC
I can edit the project here without problems. Very strange. It's not
specific to Linux Mint 18.10, used Gambas version or the opened project.
So, it must be something with your settings... Have you tried to change
Gambas settings, like turning on/off "format on load & save"?
Is there some desktop applications, which could interference Gambas in some
way? Clipboard manager? Can you try to turn these off and test to relaunch
Gambas again?

Jussi

Jussi Lahtinen

Jorge Carrión
2017-05-09 23:25:00 UTC
Have you tried to deactivate Dropbox and other cloud services?
I work without problems with Dropbox, but you should discards all
possibilities...

Best Regards
Post by Jussi Lahtinen
Post by Jussi Lahtinen
Post by Jussi Lahtinen
Post by Fernando Cabral
Post by Jussi Lahtinen
Post by Fernando Cabral
Post by Jussi Lahtinen
Post by Fernando Cabral
Post by Jussi Lahtinen
Post by Fernando Cabral
Post by Jussi Lahtinen
Post by Fernando Cabral
Rolf-Werner Eilert
2017-05-10 06:47:59 UTC
Post by Jussi Lahtinen
Maybe some window manager setting steal focus from the editor..?
Jussi
Further upstairs in the thread, Fernando answered to a question from me:

"Nevertheless, the problem appeared after I had
downloaded
docEditor from the farm. After that, editing has been locked. But I can't
affirm there is
a cause/effect here.For the time being, I see it as a coincidence."

Sounds strange, especially after re-installation, but source code isn't
de-installed after all, so the blocking element might still be there.

Rolf
Fernando Cabral
2017-05-10 09:21:55 UTC
After some more testing, I found the problem seems to be related to the
keyboard.
After all, I've found that I can edit the source code, as long I only use
the mouse for editing (cutting, copying, pasting).
I can click and save the program, I can compile it.

As to the keyboard, no regular key works (digits, alpha or editing: arrow,
home, pgup or down, insert, delete, etc.)
Keys that are intercepted by the windows managers do work (for instance,
ALT+TAB, CTRL^+ALT+T, etc.).

So the problem has now narrowed down to a frozen keyboard. The rub now
seems to be finding why the IDE is not reading the keyboard.

Regards

- fernando

Fabien Bodard
2017-05-16 20:46:55 UTC
Do you have the same problems on others qt apps ?

Can you try that : If you don't have install the scripter package to
get gbs3 script interpreter

then launch the joined file with 'gbs3 testqt.gbs'

and tell us if the textbox work and if the editor work there are both
in the generated form.
Fabien Bodard
Glaucio Araujo
2017-05-17 01:27:56 UTC
That's it!

The TextEditor in your script didn't worked here, just like the code editor.

From: Fabien Bodard <***@gm...> - 2017-05-16 20:47:05

Post by Fabien Bodard
Can you try that : If you don't have install the scripter package to
get gbs3 script interpreter
then launch the joined file with 'gbs3 testqt.gbs'
and tell us if the textbox work and if the editor work there are both
in the generated form.
---

Gláucio de Araujo

Mail : ***@gmail.com
TIM : (11) 95900-7801 (WhatsApp / Telegram)
Fernando Cabral
2017-05-22 11:11:00 UTC
For those of you that, like me, are having trouble with editing a source
file, I have been using two functional workarounds:

a) I run a virtual machine (vbox), and then I mount the project directory
onto the virtual machine. From this virtual machine I edit the source code,
compile it, and then switch back to the real machine, where I test it.

b) Running on the real machine, I edit the source code using vi. After
saving the edited file I reload it on the gambas IDE, compile it and test
it.

Cumbersome, perhaps, but workable enough to let me keep learning gambas

Regards

- fernando

William Cabrera
2017-06-01 12:43:49 UTC
The editor is already working after revision #8141, thx

------
William Cabrera
https://blog.willicab.com.ve