_New in gambas
Charlie Reinl
2004-08-22 23:19:19 UTC
Salut Benoit,

Try to do that in a class or module file.
write two subs

Sub somesub()
end

Sub somesub_new()
end

then click with the rightbutton of the mouse into the file and choose Go to
You will see somesub and a somesub (with a ->) where you find new.

Amicalement
Charlie
Benoit Minisini
2004-08-22 21:43:18 UTC
Post by Charlie Reinl
Salut Benoit,
Try to do that in a class or module file.
write two subs
Sub somesub()
end
Sub somesub_new()
end
then click with the rightbutton of the mouse into the file and choose Go
to You will see somesub and a somesub (with a ->) where you find new.
Amicalement
Charlie
And what is the problem ?
--
Benoit Minisini
mailto:***@users.sourceforge.net
n***@fen-net.de
1970-01-01 00:00:00 UTC
Post by Benoit Minisini
Post by Charlie Reinl
Salut Benoit,
Try to do that in a class or module file.
write two subs
Sub somesub()
end
Sub somesub_new()
end
then click with the rightbutton of the mouse into the file and choose Go
to You will see somesub and a somesub (with a ->) where you find new.
Amicalement
Charlie
And what is the problem ?
that is the problem (snapshot6.jpg)

Charlie
* Gesendet mit / Sent by: FEN-Webmail * http://www.fen-net.de *
Benoit Minisini
2004-08-23 20:19:21 UTC
Post by n***@fen-net.de
Post by Benoit Minisini
Post by Charlie Reinl
Salut Benoit,
Try to do that in a class or module file.
write two subs
Sub somesub()
end
Sub somesub_new()
end
then click with the rightbutton of the mouse into the file and choose Go
to You will see somesub and a somesub (with a ->) where you find new.
Amicalement
Charlie
And what is the problem ?
that is the problem (snapshot6.jpg)
I wanted to say: why do you find it is a problem ?
Bodard Fabien
2004-08-23 20:40:01 UTC
Post by Benoit Minisini
Post by n***@fen-net.de
Post by Benoit Minisini
Post by Charlie Reinl
Salut Benoit,
Try to do that in a class or module file.
write two subs
Sub somesub()
end
Sub somesub_new()
end
then click with the rightbutton of the mouse into the file and choose Go
to You will see somesub and a somesub (with a ->) where you find new.
Amicalement
Charlie
And what is the problem ?
that is the problem (snapshot6.jpg)
I wanted to say: why do you find it is a problem ?
Hi,

i understand, somesub is not an object but a sub...

And the ide parse it as an event.. and charlie don't like it anymore !

Best regards,
Fabien Bodard
Jeff Johnson
2004-08-24 02:33:23 UTC
I am working with a database application, trying to port one of VB programs to
Gambas.

I am using SQlite since I will not be running a database server.
I can create the database from within the program. I can add records with data
in the fields just fine.

However, I am unable to modify the data of existing records.

What is the proper method of doing this?

I am running SuSE Prof and Gambas .97a.

Thank you.
Peter
2004-08-23 21:55:20 UTC
Post by n***@fen-net.de
Post by Benoit Minisini
Post by Charlie Reinl
Salut Benoit,
Try to do that in a class or module file.
write two subs
Sub somesub()
end
Sub somesub_new()
end
then click with the rightbutton of the mouse into the file and choose Go
to You will see somesub and a somesub (with a ->) where you find new.
Amicalement
Charlie
And what is the problem ?
that is the problem (snapshot6.jpg)
Charlie
Hallo Charlie,

'_' in SUBname prefaces eventname, so kill him :-) :
Sub somesubNew() is also a word.

Peter
Georg Brandl
2004-08-24 07:15:28 UTC
Post by Peter
Post by n***@fen-net.de
Post by Benoit Minisini
Post by Charlie Reinl
Salut Benoit,
Try to do that in a class or module file.
write two subs
Sub somesub()
end
Sub somesub_new()
end
then click with the rightbutton of the mouse into the file and choose Go
to You will see somesub and a somesub (with a ->) where you find new.
Amicalement
Charlie
And what is the problem ?
that is the problem (snapshot6.jpg)
Charlie
Hallo Charlie,
Sub somesubNew() is also a word.
Well, as _ is common in function names, I would have chosen another
special character to separate event from object, for example:

PUBLIC SUB btnFoo#Click()

PUBLIC SUB btnFoo:Click()

PUBLIC SUB ***@Click()

Or used a VB.NET style handling:

PUBLIC SUB btnFooClick() HANDLES btnFoo.Click

mfg
Georg