Problems with "Make installation packages"
Carsten Olsen
2004-06-23 13:56:39 UTC
Hi

I have tried the new function "Make installation packages""Make
installation packages". I tried to build RPM to Redhat / Fedora (on a
Fedora Core 2 box) but I get this message in the make... dialog.

Creating package for Redhat /Fedora.
Creating source package.
Creating .spec file.
Creating RPM packages.
The package build has failed.

-ba: unknown option

Kind regards
Carsten Olsen
olinux

Carsten Olsen
Henri Girard

Carsten Olsen
Rob
2004-06-23 18:39:47 UTC
Post by Carsten Olsen
The package build has failed.
-ba: unknown option
Hmmm, looks like you're missing the rpmbuild program. On
Mandrake that's in the "rpm-build" package... try installing
Fedora's version of that?

Rob
Olivier Coquet

Carsten Olsen

Benoit Minisini
2004-06-23 23:11:28 UTC
Post by Carsten Olsen
Hi
I have tried the new function "Make installation packages""Make
installation packages". I tried to build RPM to Redhat / Fedora (on a
Fedora Core 2 box) but I get this message in the make... dialog.
Creating package for Redhat /Fedora.
Creating source package.
Creating .spec file.
Creating RPM packages.
The package build has failed.
-ba: unknown option
Kind regards
Carsten Olsen
Can you send me the result of "man rpm" on your Fedora ?
--
Benoit Minisini
mailto:***@users.sourceforge.net
Benoit Minisini
2004-06-23 23:30:05 UTC
Post by Benoit Minisini
Post by Carsten Olsen
Hi
I have tried the new function "Make installation packages""Make
installation packages". I tried to build RPM to Redhat / Fedora (on a
Fedora Core 2 box) but I get this message in the make... dialog.
Creating package for Redhat /Fedora.
Creating source package.
Creating .spec file.
Creating RPM packages.
The package build has failed.
-ba: unknown option
Kind regards
Carsten Olsen
Can you send me the result of "man rpm" on your Fedora ?
Because if you read http://www.rpm.org/max-rpm/ch-rpm-b-command.html, the "rpm
-ba" means something!
Hans-Martin Bundeshund
2004-06-24 14:11:18 UTC
Hello Benoit!

Is it a problem to attach an example an post it via this group? Or does it
maybe make higher costs for you or someone else? Don't want to make something
bad for you/gambas-group.

regards,

HM

PS: If you are thirsty, give me a sign! ;)
Daniel
2004-06-24 16:30:19 UTC
Post by Hans-Martin Bundeshund
Hello Benoit!
Is it a problem to attach an example an post it via this group? Or does it
maybe make higher costs for you or someone else? Don't want to make something
bad for you/gambas-group.
There's no problem with little files, however there's a limit in the
attachments size... I do not remember very well, may be 160 bK or
something like this. Think also that you can put examples in the gambas
wiki at binara.com, so anybody can read it in that web site.

Regards,

Daniel Campos
Benoit Minisini
2004-06-24 21:29:43 UTC
Post by Hans-Martin Bundeshund
Hello Benoit!
Is it a problem to attach an example an post it via this group? Or does it
maybe make higher costs for you or someone else? Don't want to make
something bad for you/gambas-group.
You have a limit of 256K by post. You can put a link on a web server or ftp
server too.
Post by Hans-Martin Bundeshund
regards,
HM
PS: If you are thirsty, give me a sign! ;)
Excuse-me, I forgot. I don't drink alcohol, but I will send you the adress of
a friend of mine that likes it, as soon as I get it.

Georg Brandl
2004-06-24 15:28:32 UTC
Post by Benoit Minisini
Post by Benoit Minisini
Post by Carsten Olsen
Hi
I have tried the new function "Make installation packages""Make
installation packages". I tried to build RPM to Redhat / Fedora (on a
Fedora Core 2 box) but I get this message in the make... dialog.
Creating package for Redhat /Fedora.
Creating source package.
Creating .spec file.
Creating RPM packages.
The package build has failed.
-ba: unknown option
Kind regards
Carsten Olsen
Can you send me the result of "man rpm" on your Fedora ?
Because if you read http://www.rpm.org/max-rpm/ch-rpm-b-command.html, the "rpm
-ba" means something!
In the newer rpm versions, the build commands have been swapped out to a
separate command, named "rpmbuild". It could be that the newer RPM
versions (mine too, v4.2.1) do not understand the -ba switch.

mfg
Georg
Carsten Olsen
2004-06-24 18:39:20 UTC
I tried to change the Package.module (attached), the shell at line 320
from rpm to rpmbuild. It looks like, it did the job (for rpm-4.3.1-0.3 /
rpmbuild-4.3.1-0.3)

SHELL "rpmbuild -ba " & Project.Quote(sHome &/ "RPM/SPECS" &/ sName &
".spec") & " > " & Project.Quote(sTemp) & " 2>&1" WAIT

Carsten
Post by Georg Brandl
Carsten Olsen
2004-06-24 14:15:26 UTC
Hi Benoit

The required man for RPM plus RPMBUILD (from FC2)

Kind Regards
Carsten Olsen