Make installation package ?
Jarkko Härmä
2009-10-01 13:19:44 UTC
Moi .

If i do that, i get an error : tar 1.13 not installed. Ok i have tar
1.19 but why a specific
version of tar ??

-Jarkko
Benoît Minisini
2009-10-01 15:57:33 UTC
Post by Jarkko Härmä
Moi .
???
Post by Jarkko Härmä
If i do that, i get an error : tar 1.13 not installed. Ok i have tar
1.19 but why a specific
version of tar ??
-Jarkko
Because Slackware requires that! But apparently it changed in the last version
of Slackware, but I didn't update Gambas yet.

I'm not a Slackware user, so I don't know why tar.1.13 is required.

To workaround that, just create a symbolic link in your executable path named
"tar-1.13" that points at your real version of 'tar'.

Benoît Minisini
Jarkko Härmä
2009-10-01 16:13:30 UTC
Post by Benoît Minisini
Post by Jarkko Härmä
Moi .
???
Post by Jarkko Härmä
If i do that, i get an error : tar 1.13 not installed. Ok i have tar
1.19 but why a specific
version of tar ??
-Jarkko
Because Slackware requires that! But apparently it changed in the last version
of Slackware, but I didn't update Gambas yet.
I'm not a Slackware user, so I don't know why tar.1.13 is required.
To workaround that, just create a symbolic link in your executable path named
"tar-1.13" that points at your real version of 'tar'.
Regards,
And then its even more tricky...... I tried to make package of the
serial port example:

Creating package for Ubuntu.
Making build directory.
Creating desktop file...
Sources are being debianizated.
Creating package...
dpkg-buildpackage: set CPPFLAGS to default value:
dpkg-buildpackage: set CFLAGS to default value: -g -O2
dpkg-buildpackage: set CXXFLAGS to default value: -g -O2
dpkg-buildpackage: set FFLAGS to default value: -g -O2
dpkg-buildpackage: set LDFLAGS to default value: -Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions
dpkg-buildpackage: source package serialport
dpkg-buildpackage: source version 0-0
dpkg-buildpackage: source changed by benoit <***@desnouettes>
dpkg-buildpackage: host architecture i386
debian/rules clean
dh_testdir
dh_testroot
rm -Rf `find . -name ".gambas"`
rm -Rf `find . -name "*.gambas"`
rm -f build-stamp install-stamp
dh_clean
dh_clean: Compatibility levels before 4 are deprecated.
dpkg-source -b serialport
dpkg-source: error: source package name `SerialPort' contains illegal
character `S'
dpkg-buildpackage: failure: dpkg-source -b serialport gave error exit
status 255
The package build has failed.
Package.MakeDebPackage.424: 'dpkg-buildpackage' has failed.

The illegal character comes from any name

-Jarkko
Benoît Minisini
2009-10-01 16:21:02 UTC
Post by Jarkko Härmä
Post by Benoît Minisini
Post by Jarkko Härmä
Moi .
???
Post by Jarkko Härmä
[...]
Which version of gambas do you use?
Benoît Minisini
Jarkko Härmä
2009-10-01 16:26:37 UTC
Post by Benoît Minisini
Post by Jarkko Härmä
Post by Benoît Minisini
Post by Jarkko Härmä
Moi .
???
Post by Jarkko Härmä
[...]
Oh yes, this seems to veeery old 2.13.1 . The ubuntu people dont seem to
be upgrading

-Jarkko
Stefano Palmeri
2009-10-01 17:30:26 UTC
Post by Jarkko Härmä
Moi .
If i do that, i get an error : tar 1.13 not installed. Ok i have tar
1.19 but why a specific
version of tar ??
-Jarkko
Tar 1.13 is needed by Slackware packages manager. It means
that i you use a different version of tar to create a slackware package,
you could have some problem when installing the package
on a Slackware system. Detailed reasons are explained here:

ftp://elektroni.phys.tut.fi/slackware-13.0/source/a/tar/tar.SlackBuild

If you want to install tar 1.13 here's the source:

ftp://elektroni.phys.tut.fi/slackware-13.0/source/a/tar

Be carefull to not overwrite your original tar.

@ Benoit tar-1.13 is still required in last Slackware 13.0
so you don't need to change anything on Gambas2 packaging system
for Slackware.

Stefano