[Gambas-user] Richtext-Area alignment
Rolf-Werner Eilert
2014-02-26 11:23:31 UTC
For a Richtext-Area ("txt") I have a Toggle-Button for center alignment
("btnZentriert") and try this:

Public Sub btnZentriert_Click()

If btnZentriert.Value = True Then txt.Format.Alignment = Align.Center

End

It doesn't have an effect, but I don't see how to do else.

Please enlighten me :-)

Rolf
Jussi Lahtinen
2014-02-26 17:52:40 UTC
Just quickly from hat, but maybe you need call "txt.Refresh" also.

Jussi

Fabien Bodard
Jussi Lahtinen
2014-02-26 20:28:36 UTC
I believe he means TextArea.

Jussi
Post by Fabien Bodard
What is richtext area ?
Post by Jussi Lahtinen
Post by Rolf-Werner Eilert
Post by Jussi Lahtinen
Post by Rolf-Werner Eilert
Post by Jussi Lahtinen
Ru Vuott
2014-02-26 21:35:31 UTC
...I believe "TextEdit".

vuott

Data: Mercoledì 26 febbraio 2014, 21:28

I believe he means TextArea.

Jussi
Post by Fabien Bodard
What is richtext area ?
Post by Fabien Bodard
écrit
Post by Fabien Bodard
Post by Fabien Bodard
Post by Jussi Lahtinen
Post by Rolf-Werner Eilert
Public Sub btnZentriert_Click()
    If btnZentriert.Value = True
Then txt.Format.Alignment =
Post by Fabien Bodard
Align.Center
Post by Jussi Lahtinen
Post by Rolf-Werner Eilert
End
It doesn't have an effect, but I don't see
how to do else.
Post by Fabien Bodard
Post by Jussi Lahtinen
Post by Rolf-Werner Eilert
Please enlighten me :-)
Rolf
Post by Fabien Bodard
Post by Jussi Lahtinen
Post by Rolf-Werner Eilert
Flow-based real-time traffic analytics
software. Cisco certified tool.
Post by Fabien Bodard
Post by Jussi Lahtinen
Post by Rolf-Werner Eilert
Monitor traffic, SLAs, QoS, Medianet, WAAS
etc. with NetFlow Analyzer
Post by Fabien Bodard
Post by Jussi Lahtinen
Post by Rolf-Werner Eilert
Customize your own dashboards, set traffic
alerts and generate reports.
Post by Fabien Bodard
Post by Jussi Lahtinen
Post by Rolf-Werner Eilert
Network behavioral analysis & security
monitoring. All-in-one tool.
Post by Fabien Bodard
Ru Vuott
2014-02-26 22:12:28 UTC
Hello,

by using ".Format.Alignment" property it "seems" it only works in this way....

Public Sub Form_Open()

TextEdit1.RichText = "<P align=right>arma virumque cano"

End

Public Sub Button1_Click()

TextEdit1.Format.Alignment = Align.Center

' but if in "Form_Open()" routine is set "<P align=LEFT"
' here this ".Format.Alignment = Align.Center" doesn't works !

End

Regards
vuott

Fabien Bodard
Fabien Bodard
Fabien Bodard
Fabien Bodard
Rolf-Werner Eilert
Rolf-Werner Eilert
2014-02-27 08:28:45 UTC
Yes, that's for the plain display. But when in the editor, there is a
.Format.Alignment property which should serve as a switch without
setting the html tags directly in the string.
As I understood that (and as it works here) you define some "starting
elements" (like Fontsize) before writing the text. The text itself is
like html and can switch its alignment where ever needed back and forward.
(E.g.: I use it to show a frequency where the last 3 digits are smaller
than the other digits for a better read out.)
Wolfgang
Rolf-Werner Eilert
2014-02-27 07:14:09 UTC
Post by Ru Vuott
Hello,
by using ".Format.Alignment" property it "seems" it only works in this way....
Public Sub Form_Open()
TextEdit1.RichText = "<P align=right>arma virumque cano"
End
Public Sub Button1_Click()
TextEdit1.Format.Alignment = Align.Center
' but if in "Form_Open()" routine is set "<P align=LEFT"
' here this ".Format.Alignment = Align.Center" doesn't works !
End
Regards
vuott
Either we just use it in a wrong way, or there is a hidden "feature" ;)

For bold, italics etc., this runs flawlessly. My code for bold:

Public Sub btnFett_Click()

txt.Format.Font.Bold = btnFett.Value

txt.SetFocus

End

Somewhat strange though, when you use one of these for the first time
after starting the program, it takes quite some seconds before the
cursor returns. Maybe it's loading all fonts in the background or
something like that. Anyway I was thinking about setting Mouse.Wait for
it. Can you confirm that?

Regards
Rolf