[Gambas-user] Pre-release of Gambas 3.9.0 (episode II)
Benoît Minisini
2016-08-26 00:41:50 UTC

Here is a new pre-release of Gambas 3.9. Download it at:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/gambas/files/gambas3/gambas3-3.9.0.tar.bz2/download

This new pre-relase package has the following fixes:

* TerminalView is refreshed correctly even if data is coming slowly.
* Packager now supports PNG icons up to 1024x1024 pixels in Debian &
Ubuntu packages.
* Shell.RmDir() works correctly now.
* The Window.Resizable property works correctly in gb.gtk3.
* Some bug fixes in gb.gtk and gb.gtk3.
* Some bug fixes in MenuButton.

I couldn't reproduce the Process.Wait problem reported by Jussi
Lahtinen. If someone else has the same problem, please tell!

Otherwise, report any other problem you have with this package, even
those you already have reported forgotten by me.

Regards,
--
Benoît Minisini

Sebastian Kulesz
2016-08-26 01:00:42 UTC
It will be available in the Beta PPA
<https://code.launchpad.net/~gambas-team/+archive/ubuntu/gambas-beta> in a
few hours, Launchpad has half of its build farm offline for some reason...

Hi,
Christof Thalhofer
2016-08-26 09:48:34 UTC

I installed Gambas Beta from Launchpad and tested it with my projects.
By opening one of them gambas3 destroys a module.

I attach them, the original is MLagerverwaltung.module, the destroyed
one is MLagerverwaltung.module.destroyed.

Shall I write a bug?

Alles Gute

Christof Thalhofer
Dies ist keine Signatur
Christof Thalhofer
2016-08-26 10:22:31 UTC
Ahrgh!

After I removed Gambas Beta and reinstalled Gambas 3.8.4 from Stable it
does not start any more, instead throws this error:

--8<----------------------------------------
This application has raised an unexpected
error and must abort.

[13] Null object.
Picture._get.85
--8<----------------------------------------

Now I cannot work anymore ... :/

Nice weather here, so I'll go swimming for a while :-)

Alles Gute

Christof Thalhofer
--
Dies ist keine Signatur

Christof Thalhofer
2016-08-26 16:08:47 UTC
Post by Christof Thalhofer
Ahrgh!
After I removed Gambas Beta and reinstalled Gambas 3.8.4 from Stable it
Ok, this problem is gone, had some 3.9.0.90 relicts on the computer
after removement of 3.9

Alles Gute

Christof Thalhofer
--
Dies ist keine Signatur

Jussi Lahtinen
2016-08-26 18:02:26 UTC
Quickly looking the only difference is with indentation..?
I guess your IDE preferences say format code at load&save... Whether the
code is beautified properly or not is job for someone else to judge.

Jussi
Hi,
Christof Thalhofer
2016-08-26 18:23:39 UTC
Post by Jussi Lahtinen
Quickly looking the only difference is with indentation..?
Yes, thank you, seems to be so. And it seems to be only in the function
LagerAddiereLieferungProduktinLager
Post by Jussi Lahtinen
I guess your IDE preferences say format code at load&save...
Yes. With tab as 4 spaces.
Post by Jussi Lahtinen
Whether the
code is beautified properly or not is job for someone else to judge.
In the function LagerAddiereLieferungProduktinLager after the first
"Else" the indentation goes wrong.

Strange. It is only in this module and the project has over 25000 loc.

Alles Gute

Christof Thalhofer
--
Dies ist keine Signatur

Jussi Lahtinen

Christof Thalhofer
2016-08-27 03:03:31 UTC
Post by Jussi Lahtinen
Well then I guess the feature has a bug.
Ok thank you, I'll write a bug.

Alles Gute

Christof Thalhofer
--