R: Christmas gift
Ru Vuott
2016-09-07 21:55:02 UTC
...I wish a thick manual/tutorial entitled:

« Learning Gambas from its source codes. »

or

« Journey into the Gambas source codes. »

Regards
vuott

Data: Mercoledì 7 settembre 2016, 11:55

For Christmas this year, I wish for a
native RichText component for
Gambas 3.10! :)

herberth guzman
2016-09-07 18:13:43 UTC
I'm fall in love of Gambas3, and every day I fall in love more, more more,
web.form (I love you)

With WEBSERVICE implemented, i promise not to be unfaithful.

Excellent idea.
gambas3+webform+(gb.reporting service)+webservice

Cool

I feel fly

Herberth Guzmán
Besides some extensions in the OOP department of the language or related
syntactic sugar in the compiler, which I can never remember unless I'm
the webservices! the webservices! the webservices!
I would like to have a component which lets you treat the various
(compressed) archive formats in a way that's similar to the File &
Directory functions [1-3] in Gambas, that is as if they were a file
system.
well that its ussefully of course! currently compress component handle
bzip2 and gz only, but its more hard to do in this short time to december!
JE JE JE SO WEBSERVICES WEBSERVICES! FIRTS!
You better get to work Benoit. This list is not going to become shorter
:-)
yeah hurry i'm impatient! (snap snap : lashes sounds)
PICCORO McKAY Lenz
2016-09-07 21:29:03 UTC
that capability of the gambas env will raised up the gambas to a
technology!
it look like rpc or soap ... no ?
in fact, webservices use at one, of them: or rcp or soap for make it!

in the php cases, when i write a llitte experiment between php webservice
adn .net webservice, noted the usage of soap extensively
PICCORO McKAY Lenz
2016-09-07 18:11:08 UTC
Hey, I won't learn you how to configure an HTTP server. I already have
not enough time to correctly write the documentation...
ok ok benoit, and very thanks for hat, the cgi scripts and programin on
gambas are great now

but with a module specialited in webservice, programers only consume the
funtionality and dont mess with the problems of abstraction!
--
Benoît Minisini
Tobias Boege
2016-09-07 17:27:42 UTC
For Christmas this year, I wish for a native RichText component for
Gambas 3.10! :)
Besides some extensions in the OOP department of the language or related
syntactic sugar in the compiler, which I can never remember unless I'm
confronted with their lack, I would like to have a component which lets
you treat the various (compressed) archive formats in a way that's similar
to the File & Directory functions [1-3] in Gambas, that is as if they were
a file system.
You better get to work Benoit. This list is not going to become shorter :-)
JFTR, I started such a component a year ago in my local copy of Gambas as it
seems. My main source file contains the remark that libarchive [1] may /not/
be a good library because it is stream-oriented, but I can't recall if there
were really any major drawbacks (in the incompatibility between the library's
stream-like interface and the Gambas object-based interface). Maybe I will
try again sometime.

Regards,
Tobi

[1] http://www.libarchive.org/

Ru Vuott
2016-09-08 13:26:33 UTC
Thank you, Karl,

but those files seem simply souce code, not a "manual".

vuott

Data: Giovedì 8 settembre 2016, 00:30

Am Mittwoch, den
Post by Ru Vuott
« Learning Gambas
from its source codes. »
Post by Ru Vuott
or
« Journey into the Gambas source codes.
»
Post by Ru Vuott
Regards
vuott

Salut,

that manual/tutorial is
delivered with each SVN - Download at
<trunk>/app/src/gambas3/.src

or you can download it from
https://sourceforge.net/p/gambas/code/HEAD/tree/gambas/trunk/app/src/gambas3/

--

Amicalement
Charlie

Christof Thalhofer
2016-09-07 18:48:35 UTC
An example? Some good documentation? Some tests that show it's
performing well under heavy (parallel) load? Configuration examples for
Apache, Nginx. FCGI?
Hey, I won't learn you how to configure an HTTP server. I already have
not enough time to correctly write the documentation...
Did I say you should do that? As soon as docs are done I could do an
Apache example config, maybe others can do that for Nginx ...

... and write it into the Wiki.

:-)

Alles Gute

Christof Thalhofer
Dies ist keine Signatur
Christof Thalhofer
2016-09-08 05:36:50 UTC
Post by Ru Vuott
« Learning Gambas from its source codes. »
or
« Journey into the Gambas source codes. »
Regards
vuott
Salut,
that manual/tutorial is delivered with each SVN - Download at
<trunk>/app/src/gambas3/.src
or you can download it from
https://sourceforge.net/p/gambas/code/HEAD/tree/gambas/trunk/app/src/gambas3/
Yes, but one needs a while to understand, that classes and methods, that
are written in the wiki are explained in the source code of Gambas. Example:

http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/comp/gb/enum

Is hardly understandable without the example below. Therefore I added it.

For me it lasted about a year or so, to understand that the Gambas
source code can explanation a lot. Before that I searched Google and
Mailinglists to understand how things should be done.

I never (as I remember) found any advice in gambaswiki.org to have a
look into the source code. For you it might be natural, for a beginner
it is not.

Alles Gute

Christof Thalhofer
Dies ist keine Signatur
PICCORO McKAY Lenz
2016-09-07 15:56:07 UTC
i think there's something like that already made in gambas!

For Chrismas this year i want:

* webservice componente for gambas

with this the gambas will be "the gambas tecnology platform framework"
and not only "gambas development languaje"

the power of gambas then will be raised! exponentially!

Lenz McKAY Gerardo (PICCORO)
http://qgqlochekone.blogspot.com
herberth guzman
2016-09-08 18:17:22 UTC
But what do you all guys call "webservices"???
It serves to integrate applications created in languages ​​and different
platforms over the Internet or your own Intranet Based on standards?

* A Web service can be registered in order to make it available to other
users and that they can locate it. A mechanism for registering these
services is through UDDI, acronym for Universal Description, Discovery and
Integration, a 'repository of Web Services ". To register a service you
have to keep in mind that you must provide the information in your company,
in which categories ubicarías your service and interface to use to consume
this service.

* The mechanism used by a Web Service to specify how data should
provide, so that anyone can interact with the same, is through XML. This
information is stored in a file called WSDL (Web Services Description
Language), which contains an XML document with the description of certain
SOAP and how to exchange messages, as well as where the service resource
and which protocol should talk who consume it.

* The communication protocol used is generally SOAP, which is relatively
simple to use.

* Web Services use commonly known and disseminated protocols such as
XML, TCP / IP as the transport protocol and HTTP as hypertext transfer
protocol.
WebServices
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms950421.aspx

Herberth Guzmán
Benoît Minisini
2016-09-08 18:25:02 UTC
Post by herberth guzman
[...]
Ha ok. I actually knew. :-)

What prevent you from making a webservice in Gambas? I don't see...
--
Benoît Minisini

PICCORO McKAY Lenz
2016-09-08 21:03:08 UTC
well benoit u have right, in fact in that moment i dont remember how start
to implement a webservice in java, and i'm called itseflt "expert"

i can contribute in december to implement a component with you..

and HErberth with mocosoft citation!!!! men please! seriously?

Fabien Bodard
2016-09-08 21:11:32 UTC
Post by PICCORO McKAY Lenz
well benoit u have right, in fact in that moment i dont remember how start
to implement a webservice in java, and i'm called itseflt "expert"
i can contribute in december to implement a component with you..
and HErberth with mocosoft citation!!!! men please! seriously?
Why not ? M$ not only do bullshits. SOme time they have great ideas too ;-)

PICCORO McKAY Lenz

Christof Thalhofer
2016-09-09 06:23:41 UTC
Post by PICCORO McKAY Lenz
well benoit u have right, in fact in that moment i dont remember how start
to implement a webservice in java, and i'm called itseflt "expert"
I do not like Soap webservices. The few times, I had to implement Soap
in a piece of software I hated it because of it's complexity. And I
found another workaround then.

Maybe for a Java programmer with big iron and big frameworks in the
background that do the job it is ok.

http://harmful.cat-v.org/software/xml/soap/simple

;-)

Alles Gute

Christof Thalhofer
Dies ist keine Signatur
PICCORO McKAY Lenz
2016-09-09 15:25:53 UTC
Post by Christof Thalhofer
Maybe for a Java programmer with big iron and big frameworks in the
background that do the job it is ok.
that the object of the gambas webservice component,

in java its great due programer dont have to mess with the complex of the
process, only "implements" the rules to consumes a webservice from another
host ...

i'll exlain a little :
* SOAP means Simple Object Access Protocol
* REST means Representation State Transfer

each are implemented depends of the complexity and needs:
* SOAP only support XML for interchange data
* REST supports others format like text, JSON, XML etc.

many programers like REST due have free of implementation of own protocol,
and if i want to cheap traffic, Json then definitely we will be in better
place in terms of payload, but complexity are higher, and i already know
that gambas its knowed by the easy of usage for programers

OH MEN this will be hard to implement and made a component! too much to
implement!?!!

AND I WANT TO USE IT ON A OLDER SYSTEM YET!
Christof Thalhofer
2016-09-10 07:33:34 UTC
Post by PICCORO McKAY Lenz
many programers like REST due have free of implementation of own protocol,
and if i want to cheap traffic, Json then definitely we will be in better
place in terms of payload, but complexity are higher, and i already know
that gambas its knowed by the easy of usage for programers
Please correct me if I'm wrong: REST came later and as I can see, the
upcoming of REST ist somewhat an answer to the extreme complexity of SOAP.

For a REST webservice you need a good tutorial, but not really a
framework. The only thing that is needed for REST is a router that maps
url paths to functions and sends back the result via HTTP. The result
can be anything, a file, an integer, a Json string, whatever.

Here is an example with the microframework Slim for PHP:
https://arjunphp.com/creating-restful-api-slim-framework/

A router does a mapping like this:

<snip>
Post by PICCORO McKAY Lenz
Method URL Action
GET /api/todos Retrieve all todos
GET /api/todos/search/bug Search for todos with ‘bug’ in their name
GET /api/todo/1 Retrieve todo with id == 1
POST /api/todo Add a new todo
PUT /api/todo/1 Update todo with id == 1
DELETE /api/todo/1 Delete todo with id == 1
<snap>
Post by PICCORO McKAY Lenz
OH MEN this will be hard to implement and made a component! too much to
implement!?!!
My understanding: If you do REST it would be somewhat easy, if you do
SOAP it would be horrible.

Alles Gute

Christof Thalhofer
Dies ist keine Signatur
a***@gmail.com
2016-09-10 15:11:19 UTC
Post by PICCORO McKAY Lenz
OH MEN this will be hard to implement and made a component! too much to
implement!?!!
My understanding: If you do REST it would be somewhat easy, if you do
SOAP it would be horrible.
Alles Gute
Christof Thalhofer
--
Dies ist keine Signatur
Ah, what would I know. SOAP was basically crap. Never worked. Not even in wundows. So to keep laying layers of ice cream over the top of a load of cow stuff just extends the life of something that should have been euthanased in the first place.
--
B Bruen <***@gnail.com (sort of)>

Christof Thalhofer
2016-09-10 17:40:44 UTC
Post by a***@gmail.com
Ah, what would I know. SOAP was basically crap. Never worked. Not
even in wundows. So to keep laying layers of ice cream over the top
of a load of cow stuff just extends the life of something that should
have been euthanased in the first place.
Ok, I would say it a little more polite, but I agree with that.

:-)

Alles Gute

Christof Thalhofer
Dies ist keine Signatur
Charlie Reinl
2016-09-12 10:14:04 UTC
Salut,

since a few days I worked with the new 3.9.x IDE version.
And I missed the old console! Because I often used it to store
temporarily some lines code.
So my wish, not necessarily for Christmas, a writing pad, just beside
the console.
--
Amicalement
Charlie

Benoît Minisini
2016-09-12 12:27:45 UTC
Post by Ru Vuott
Salut,
since a few days I worked with the new 3.9.x IDE version.
And I missed the old console! Because I often used it to store
temporarily some lines code.
So my wish, not necessarily for Christmas, a writing pad, just beside
the console.
The console was never intented to be used for that!

Why don't you just create a text file in the "Project" folder and use it
as writing pad?
--
Benoît Minisini

PICCORO McKAY Lenz
2016-09-12 15:34:31 UTC
Post by Benoît Minisini
Why don't you just create a text file in the "Project" folder and use it
as writing pad?
well benout have right!
Post by Benoît Minisini
Please correct me if I'm wrong: REST came later and as I can see, the
upcoming of REST ist somewhat an answer to the extreme complexity of SOAP.
yes! i mean in the REST context of course.
Post by Benoît Minisini
For a REST webservice you need a good tutorial, but not really a
framework. The only thing that is needed for REST is a router that maps
url paths to functions and sends back the result via HTTP. The result
can be anything, a file, an integer, a Json string, whatever.
so then benoit now Christof ilustrate it!
Post by Benoît Minisini
<snip>
So then lets discard the SOAP compability!
a***@gmail.com
2016-09-12 21:31:04 UTC
On Mon, 12 Sep 2016 14:27:45 +0200
Post by Benoît Minisini
Post by Ru Vuott
Salut,
since a few days I worked with the new 3.9.x IDE version.
And I missed the old console! Because I often used it to store
temporarily some lines code.
So my wish, not necessarily for Christmas, a writing pad, just beside
the console.
The console was never intented to be used for that!
Why don't you just create a text file in the "Project" folder and use it
as writing pad?
--
Benoît Minisini
But that text file is not editable when the project is running.

B Bruen <***@gnail.com (sort of)>
Jussi Lahtinen
2016-09-12 21:37:51 UTC
Why don't you use some text editor like gedit?

Jussi
Post by Benoît Minisini
Post by Ru Vuott
Salut,
since a few days I worked with the new 3.9.x IDE version.
And I missed the old console! Because I often used it to store
temporarily some lines code.
So my wish, not necessarily for Christmas, a writing pad, just beside
the console.
The console was never intented to be used for that!
Why don't you just create a text file in the "Project" folder and use it
as writing pad?
--
Benoît Minisini
But that text file is not editable when the project is running.
------------------
What NetFlow Analyzer can do for you? Monitors network bandwidth and
traffic
patterns at an interface-level. Reveals which users, apps, and protocols
are
2016-09-13 11:03:11 UTC
Post by a***@gmail.com
But that text file is not editable when the project is running.
For the same reason that I refuse to use use the wheely bin to take out the garbage when I have a perfectly good Lambourghini to do it in! :-)

B Bruen <***@gnail.com (sort of)>

Christof Thalhofer
2016-09-18 11:12:49 UTC
If this is a wishlist, I would wish

Namespaces

This really could lift Gambas development to a new level because it
would be easy to share libraries without worrying about any name
collissions.

Alles Gute

Christof Thalhofer
Dies ist keine Signatur
Tobias Boege
2016-09-18 13:12:54 UTC
Post by Christof Thalhofer
If this is a wishlist, I would wish
Namespaces
This really could lift Gambas development to a new level because it
would be easy to share libraries without worrying about any name
collissions.
I second this. I may have already mentioned this but soon after the local
library search path was implemented, one of my projects was prospering.
I have taken a habit of calling the module which maintains an application-
or library-specific directory "Config", for the lack of a better universal
word. In my case, I needed both a directory for the application and for
the library, and ended up with two Config modules, the library one of which
was exported. The result was chaos. I did not even think about the name
collision until lots of debugging time passed.

Regards,
Tobi

Christof Thalhofer
2016-09-18 13:48:54 UTC
Post by Tobias Boege
I second this. I may have already mentioned this but soon after the local
library search path was implemented, one of my projects was prospering.
I have taken a habit of calling the module which maintains an application-
or library-specific directory "Config", for the lack of a better universal
word. In my case, I needed both a directory for the application and for
the library, and ended up with two Config modules, the library one of which
was exported. The result was chaos. I did not even think about the name
collision until lots of debugging time passed.
If you are able to control the naming inside your own projects, you are
in a relatively comfortable position, but if you want to use foreign
libs and keep them up to date you are lost in case of conflicts.

Alles Gute

Christof Thalhofer
Dies ist keine Signatur
Charlie Reinl
2016-09-12 21:49:11 UTC
Post by Benoît Minisini
Post by Ru Vuott
Salut,
since a few days I worked with the new 3.9.x IDE version.
And I missed the old console! Because I often used it to store
temporarily some lines code.
So my wish, not necessarily for Christmas, a writing pad, just beside
the console.
The console was never intented to be used for that!
Why don't you just create a text file in the "Project" folder and use it
as writing pad?
While I posted this afternoon only to Benoît, here the answer again for the list.

Salut Benoît,

because the old console was always on and it was handy like that. And
now I'm used to it!
Have you never driven a nail with an empty bottle of red wine?
--
Amicalement
Charlie