Software farm difference between download and install
Gianluigi
2017-06-25 12:57:46 UTC
I apologize if is already been asked, I did not find the answer.
I not known differences between download and install in Software farm.
There are?

Regards
Gianluigi
PICCORO McKAY Lenz
2017-06-25 13:12:51 UTC
download will only put the code at the location in home..

install added some extra steps and put by example a menu desktop entry

Lenz McKAY Gerardo (PICCORO)
http://qgqlochekone.blogspot.com
Gianluigi
2017-06-25 14:52:35 UTC
Does not look like this here
Both installed and downloaded projects are displayed in the Installed
Software menu.
Same thing for menu Examples
PICCORO McKAY Lenz
2017-06-25 22:10:49 UTC
umm quite xtrange.. so then both are the same? i dont think so..

download will download event if requirements are not fit, install will
check requirements.. that its a process that are diferents.. for sure..
lest try

Julio Sanchez
2017-06-26 07:19:11 UTC
Piccoro:

When you install, you may have problems due to lack of components (for
example gb.qt5) and it does not finish installing or downloading.

When downloading, it does not give problems by components, only you
download the source code.

Regards

Julio
Post by Gianluigi
I apologize if is already been asked, I did not find the answer.
I not known differences between download and install in Software
farm.
Post by Gianluigi
Post by PICCORO McKAY Lenz
Post by Gianluigi
There are?
Regards
Gianluigi
Gianluigi
2017-06-26 07:36:59 UTC
Hi Julio,
thank you very much for the explanations.
Finally I understood the difference.

Regards
Gianluigi
Post by PICCORO McKAY Lenz
Post by Gianluigi
I apologize if is already been asked, I did not find the answer.
I not known differences between download and install in Software
farm.
Post by Gianluigi
Post by PICCORO McKAY Lenz
Post by Gianluigi
There are?
Regards
Gianluigi
PICCORO McKAY Lenz
2017-06-26 09:35:56 UTC
Thanks Julio, i post that but mail arrives after you

Post by PICCORO McKAY Lenz
Post by Gianluigi
I apologize if is already been asked, I did not find the answer.
I not known differences between download and install in Software
farm.
Post by Gianluigi
Post by PICCORO McKAY Lenz
Post by Gianluigi