[Gambas-user] Weather app in Software Farm
Tony Morehen
2017-07-14 14:33:24 UTC
I just uploaded a Weather systray app to the software farm.
Comments/suggestions welcome. Enjoy.
Charlie
2017-07-15 13:39:39 UTC
Post by Tony Morehen
I just uploaded a Weather systray app to the software farm.
Comments/suggestions welcome. Enjoy.
Hi Tony,

I tried your program on a computer at work and got it working after adding
*gb.qt4*. Linux Mint does not have QT5 yet. I tried it a home but even after
fixing QT I got: -

*"sni-qt/5871" WARN 12:51:31.765 void
StatusNotifierItemFactory::connectToSnw() Invalid interface to SNW_SERVICE *

After 20 seconds FMain appeared but with no data.

Not sure what the problem is.

-----
Check out www.gambas.one
Tony Morehen
2017-07-16 18:32:12 UTC
I just uploaded a version that uses the gb.gui component instead of

gb.qt5. It also has a workaround that may fix your error. That error
arises when your system does not have a systray enabled. See:

https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/278104/app-icons-dont-appear-in-system-tray-on-linux-mint-17-3

I haven't been able to test since I'm running Manjaro. What version of
Mint are you using : Cinnamon, Mate Xfce? 17.? 18.?