[Gambas-user] Cannot close GUI application
M. Cs.
2012-01-02 16:03:08 UTC
The command Quit() won't work in my application, so I cannot terminate
the process. The GUI disappears, but the process remains. Is there any
safe way to close a GUI application?

Csaba
Olivier Cruilles

Ron
Olivier Cruilles

Benoît Minisini
2012-01-02 18:57:33 UTC
Post by M. Cs.
The command Quit() won't work in my application, so I cannot terminate
the process. The GUI disappears, but the process remains. Is there any
safe way to close a GUI application?
Csaba
Please elaborate. Send me a project so that I can reproduce the problem.
The QUIT instruction aborts the program brutally (almost), so it should
quit!
Benoît Minisini
Fabien Bodard
2012-01-02 19:51:46 UTC
Le 2 janvier 2012 19:57, Benoît Minisini
Post by Benoît Minisini
Post by M. Cs.
The command Quit() won't work in my application, so I cannot terminate
the process. The GUI disappears, but the process remains. Is there any
safe way to close a GUI application?
Csaba
Please elaborate. Send me a project so that I can reproduce the problem.
The QUIT instruction aborts the program brutally (almost), so it should
quit!
I'm on it ... Bad design... many variables are not freed.

It's not a bug
Post by Benoît Minisini
--
Benoît Minisini
Fabien Bodard
Ron
2012-01-02 20:16:36 UTC
You always get unfreed stuff when using Quit in a GUI project is my
experience.

In Form_Close()

' exit program
Main.CloseAll()
FMain.Close

END

In CloseAll() I close all file handles, sockets, serial ports and stop
timers.
Then FMain.Close does the trick nicely.

Regards,
Ron_2nd.
Post by Benoît Minisini
--
Benoît Minisini
Fabien Bodard
M. Cs.
2012-01-03 20:08:33 UTC
Thanks for the replies!

Csaba
Post by Benoît Minisini
--
Benoît Minisini
Post by Benoît Minisini
desktops for less than the cost of PCs and save 60% on VDI
infrastructure
Fabien Bodard