[Gambas-user] vb code
Shane
2017-07-14 07:27:44 UTC
I have some vb code i want to convert to gambas and it uses this code

Private Type ID3V22HDR
frameName1 As String * 3
frameSize1 As Byte
frameSize2 As Byte
frameSize3 As Byte
End Type

what would be the best way to convert this to gambas?
a***@gmail.com

Gianluigi
2017-07-14 12:36:24 UTC
You can take a look at this discussion [0]
Regards
Gianluigi

[0]
http://gambas.8142.n7.nabble.com/Random-access-files-with-fixed-length-string-td50880.html
PICCORO McKAY Lenz
2017-07-14 12:35:04 UTC
Post by Shane
I have some vb code i want to convert to gambas and it uses this code
Private Type ID3V22HDR
frameName1 As String * 3
frameSize1 As Byte
frameSize2 As Byte
frameSize3 As Byte
End Type
the most close are a struc.. i mean.. in the (poor) visual basic u define a
"type" but really that "type" must be instanciated/redeclared before use it

so then struc maybe its the shor.. but will act as a new class to use it, i
mean, event

Dim variable as new ID3V22HDR
2017-07-14 15:28:55 UTC
Actually a type in VBA (old VB6 and MSOffice Basic) is not regarded as an object, it is more akin to a C Struc.

All you do to use it is "Dim myVar As UserType". You use New for object classes only, and Type is not a class or object.

The Private clause makes the user type definition accessible only in the form, module or class where it is defined, making the type unavsilable to others.

HTH,
zxMarce.