[Gambas-user] System.Language (gb)
bb
2017-07-03 21:11:05 UTC
Static Property Language As String

Returns or sets the current language setting.

But which one? LANG? LC_ALL? LANGUAGE? ...

My problem is that most of my ENV localisations are set to
"en_AU.UTF-8", the UTF-8 bit is supposed to be ignored but it
isn't somewhere and so the translation doesn't get done.

Tobias Boege
2017-07-03 21:43:56 UTC
Post by bb
Static Property Language As String
Returns or sets the current language setting.
But which one? LANG? LC_ALL? LANGUAGE? ...
According to source code it returns:

1. LC_ALL if that's non-empty, next
2. LANG if that's non-empty, or otherwise
3. en_US.

Regards,
Tobi
bb
2017-07-03 21:57:43 UTC
Post by Tobias Boege
Post by bb
Static Property Language As String
Returns or sets the current language setting.
But which one? LANG? LC_ALL? LANGUAGE? ...
1. LC_ALL if that's non-empty, next
2. LANG if that's non-empty, or otherwise
3. en_US.
Regards,
Tobi
Thanks Tobi,

( I looked but couldn't find it in main ???)

WIki updated.

Any comment on the UTF-8 bit?

Tobias Boege
2017-07-03 22:06:51 UTC
Post by bb
Post by Tobias Boege
Post by bb
Static Property Language As String
Returns or sets the current language setting.
But which one? LANG? LC_ALL? LANGUAGE? ...
1. LC_ALL if that's non-empty, next
2. LANG if that's non-empty, or otherwise
3. en_US.
Regards,
Tobi
Thanks Tobi,
( I looked but couldn't find it in main ???)
It's in main/gbx/gbx_c_system.c (which carries you to gbx_local.c).
Post by bb
WIki updated.
Any comment on the UTF-8 bit?
Sorry, I have no clue about locales. All I can say is that the interpreter
seems to only give you the value of the environment variables.

Regards,
Tobi
PICCORO McKAY Lenz
2017-07-04 12:37:33 UTC
Post by bb
Thanks Tobi,
( I looked but couldn't find it in main ???)
WIki updated.
wiki spanish translated but..
Post by bb
Any comment on the UTF-8 bit?